Good news for a number of our clients who have employees enrolled in Solution PPO or Generic Rx PPO plans:
Anthem Blue Cross Life & Health Insurance Company (Anthem) is pleased to announce that eligible small group employers that offer coverage to employees on California Department of Insurance (CDI)-regulated small group medical plans (see list below) will get a one-time 8.21% medical premium credit on their December 2012 bill. Eligible small groups will get the credit as a result of an agreement between the California Department of Insurance and Anthem Blue Cross Life & Health Insurance Company.
Here’s how it works:
- The credit will be based on enrollment in Anthem’s CDI-regulated medical plans as of September 2012.
- The credit will be based on the medical premium associated with enrollment for September 2012 as of September 30, 2012. For example, an employer with three covered employees on the Solutions 2500 PPO, with a combined monthly premium of $1540, would receive a credit of $127.00.
- Eligible small groups, still active in December, will see the credit on their December bill.
The medical premium credit does not apply to the following:
- Anthem’s 51-99 EmployeeElect customers.
- CalChoice members on Anthem products.
- Anthem Blue Cross small group products (plans regulated by the Department of Managed Health Care).
- Small groups new to Anthem effective in October, November and December 2012.
Anthem Blue Cross Life & Health small group plans that are eligible for CDI credit include:
- Solution 2500 PPO
- Solution 3500 PPO
- Solution 5000 PPO
- PPO $25 Copay GenRx
- PPO $35 Copay GenRx
- PPO $45 Copay GenRx
- Elements Hospital
- Elements Hospital Plus
- Elements Hospital Preferred
- Lumenos HIA Plus 500
- Lumenos HIA Plus 750
- Lumenos HRA 3000C
- Lumenos HRA 3000D
- Lumenos HRA 5000C
- Lumenos HRA 5000D
- Hospital BeneFits PPO
- Hospital BeneFits Plus PPO
- Hospital BeneFits Preferred PPO
You can find more answers about the CDI medical premium credit in these frequently asked questions.
If you have any questions regarding this one-time medical premium credit, please contact Allpointe.